Photo Requirements for the Best Personalized Book result
Please follow the guidelines for photo submission below, a great photograph is the first step to the best personalized children's book!
If you are unsure about the quality of the photo you are thinking about submitting for your personalized children's book,
please send us an email or visit our preview page to submit a preview request.
JPG, JPEG images are preferred, as they offer the most suitable resolution for your book.
When you personalize your book, you must upload at least one photograph. However, for best results it is recommended that you submit two photographs. Our artist will select the most appropriate one, and if 2 good/suitable photographs are submitted, then both will be used to create variety in your personalized children's book. The photo uploaded first will be used on the cover and more often throughout the story.
The following is a list of things to remember when submitted your photos:
- Your child's whole head and hair will be cut out (please make sure it is all showing)
- Good quality, high resolution photos look best
- Must be facing the camera directly (no side profile shots)
- Nothing covering face or head (preferably no hats or headbands, as they would have to be included on the story book pages)
- Full head and face showing
- Keep in mind for girls, we cut out all hair that is showing and include it in the book (So if your girl has long hair, and you would like it to show in the story, then it must all show in the photograph)
We will contact you if your photo cannot be used at in the book or is highly unsuitable.
In your email, you may also include the story you are interested in and we will send you a preview of what it would look like in the book.
Please see the chart below for examples of good and bad photos.